Hypocrite is a noun which came from greek word hypokrites which means pretender or you can say stage actor.
Pretender , Imposter, two faceed/double standard (In hindi we call such person as dhongi/thag)
Use of Hypocrite in sentence
- I have never seen a hypocrite like in you.
- Most of the politicians are hypocrites they promise so many things during election and forgot to fulfil after the win.
- Indian culture is hypocrite when it comes to women(#timesofindia)
Note: Don't get confused with word hypocrite and hypcripsy.Hypocrite is someone who pracitces hypocripsy.
- JNU hypocrisy: No room for courses on Hinduism at premier university(#firstpost)
- You are a hypocrite your hypocrisy will not work here.