Indictment is a noun.It was frequently used between 18th and 19th century. Now you can find this word in English literature books or in newspaper editorials. It's used rarely now in daily spoken English. From competitive examination (like ssc cgl, railways and air force) perspective this is a important word, asked generally in synonyms sections of paper. It's a favorite word for paper setters.
- A formal written accusation statement framed by prosecuting body to charge someone for his serious crime or offense.
- An expression of disagreemet or disapproval.
- We all were surprised by his indictment.
- By cancelling the by-election to the Dr. Radhakrishnan Nagar Assembly constituency in Tamil Nadu, the Election Commission has gone well beyond indicting the ruling AIADMK. (#TheHindu)
- The indictment has been dropped by the court but he will be removed from party to keep party image clean.The indictment has been dropped by the court but he will be removed from party to keep party image clean.